The objective of the Municipal Addressing Program is to provide every residential home within the M.D. of Willow Creek a unique address primarily for emergency responses. The purpose of the program is to provide a consistent directional addressing system to be used by emergency services. The blue and white municipal addressing sign will be at the approach to each residential location.
Municipal Addresses are based on the grid system created by the township roads (which run east/west) and the range roads (which run north/south). The even house numbers are located on the north and west side of the road and the odd numbers are located on the east and south side.
The addresses are five to six-digit numbers.
An example of an address where the driveway meets Township Road 74 is 263027. In this example, the left 3 digits are allocated for the Range Road number (263). The 0, third digit from the right, represents a character to separate the Range Road and the 40-meter interval number. The right two digits (27) represent the 40-meter interval number determined by our GIS system.
An example of an address where the driveway meets Range Road 263 is 73042. In this example, the left 2 digits are allocated for the Township Road number (73). The 0, third digit from the right, represents a character to separate the Township Road and the 40-meter interval number. The right two digits (42) represent the 40-meter interval number determined by our GIS system.
Things to remember:
- You may find your township road could be a virtual road and not be marked.
- You are always going North or West when counting the 40-meter interval, never south or east.
- For multiple residences located at the same primary access road, driveways will be labeled with an A, B, C and so forth (eg. 73042A, 73042B) starting at the first residence on the left-hand side of the access road and moving in a clockwise direction.
- These roads are the halfway point between every two sections going north.
- Your municipal address will be provided to Telus Communications to link to Telus 911, 911 Dispatch, and Emergency Responders.