Environmental Conservation Initiatives
The Municipal District of Willow Creek is dedicated to sustainable agricultural and environmental practices within the municipal boundaries.
Sustainable practices ensure resources are available in the future and that agriculture can continue to remain viable. Healthy range and riparian areas provide habitat for wildlife, cleaner, healthier water systems, and better long-term successes for agricultural producers.
The Municipal District of Willow Creek can assist landowners in securing funds for projects that involve sustainable agricultural and environmental practices.
Examples of past projects include:
- Settting up watering systems to provide clean water to cattle and keep them out of the water source
- Spring development and enhancement
- Bioengineering for streambank stabilization
Funding has been secured through sources such as:
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) – formerly Growing Forward II
- Oldman Watershed Council: Watershed Legacy Program
- Cows and Fish: Watershed Resiliency and Restoration Program